Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sleep and other fun things

I thought I could started by waking up a 1/2 hour earlier then usual this morning....I ended up sleeping in! Here's to trying again tomorrow. The trick is I have to go to bed before 10pm.

I'm also attempting to ween myself off of caffeine (AGAIN). Yesterday was a success, I only felt really tired on my drive home. Today has not been as great. 2pm and I keep day dreaming about sleeping. My eyes might be opened and I'm typing but I can assure you that I am NOT awake. I had a A&W diet root beer an hour ago...does that have caffeine?! (I kinda hope it does.) Perhaps I should just take an extended holiday to do this so that I can sleep when ever the mood strikes me.

On another note, I've decided to call my OB-GYN about the fact that my period has been absent for the last 3 months as my family doctor is out of town for a month and I would rather talk to a doctor that specializes in this kind of thing, then with another GP from his office that I don't know. My GP had told me last month that if I was still not menstruating in December that he would put me on birth control again, to force my hormones back on track. I don't love the idea of going back onto the pill but since I don't really want to conceive in January anyways (9 months from that would be September, which is my BIL's wedding...a wedding that D & I are both in so I really don't want to be in labour) I suppose it won't kill me. At least I'll feel like I am DOING something about this.

Here's hoping that at least one of the above is resolved soon!

2 comments:

  1. why are you trying to quit coffee? can u replace it with other energy boosting things? Have you tried mate (sounds like latte but with an m) tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink too much and it isn't recommended while pregnant so I figured I'd ween myself off caffine before that happened so I didn't have the pregnancy symptoms to add to my withdrawal ones!

    ReplyDelete